Private Tour to Tho Ha Village
Discover the rural life and ancient architecture of Tho Ha village, located just an hour and a half from Hanoi by bus. Learn about the history of the village as a pottery center, and the role of the village's residents in maintaining traditional lifestyles and maintaining historic buildings and pagodas.
Get picked up by your tour guide and embark on a scenic road trip to Tho Ha village. Enter the village via ferry across Nhu Nguyet River, and witness sheets of rice paper laid out across grids of bamboo. This the traditional drying process.
Visit the home of a local village family. Learn from the host about the process of making rice paper. The villagers work to move the grids from one location to another as the gelatinous rice sheets dry out, but no measurements are ever taken by an electronic device. Experienced eyes make the appropriate judgment.
Afterward, continue to Dinh Bang village to view the Dinh Bang communal house, one of the largest and finest in Vietnam. Later, enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant and have time to speak with the villagers to learn more about their local life. After a short break, get back on the bus to Hanoi.Read More
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour