Private Cooking Lesson & Home-Hosted Meal
Food & Drink
Learn the secrets of Vietnamese home cooking with help and insight from your own private guide. This experience takes you to the home of a local family for some authentic tastes and traditions, as you help your hosts prepare a delicious meal and then dine on the results.
Meet your local guide at your hotel to start the tour, and get a look at the peaceful rice fields and water buffalo in the countryside on your way to the fishing village of Cam Thanh. Here, you board a traditional bamboo basket boat, or thung chai, and enjoy a ride throughout the shady water palm canals and arroyos in the middle of the historical Bay Mau water palm forests.
Next, step into your guide's home to join the family in preparing a Vietnamese meal under the guidance of the family chef. Serve up some fried spring rolls, Vietnamese pancake, and grilled prawn, and then enjoy what you've cooked with the family.
While you eat, you can learn some basic Vietnamese dining etiquette, such as how to invite others before eating, how to use chopsticks, and how to show that you've finished your meal before your guide takes you back to your hotel.Read More
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour