Private 2-Day Sa Pa Village & Hemp Weaving Tour
Multi-Day & Extended Tours
Get to know the crafts and traditions of northern Vietnam's Hmong people with an overnight tour in the beautiful village of Sa Pa. Join a personal guide to explore the beautiful rural scenery and try your hand at traditional hemp weaving to produce your very own piece of art.
You set out from your Hanoi hotel early in the morning for a bus ride to the edge of the Himalayas. Amid the sloping terrace farms that lie framed against the mountains, your guide shows you to a local restaurant for lunch with Vietnamese cuisine before some free time to explore. Rent a motorbike or just take a walk around the town to admire the idyllic sights.
Start your day's journey with a drive a workshop at the Indigo Village homestay, where your guide explains the ins and outs of hemp weaving before the local instructors show you the trade. Learn to peel off the fibers from the hemp stem and tease it into threads before lunch with some authentic Sa Pa cuisine, and then learn about hemp threading and weaving on a unique Hmong back-strap loom.
After you've learned how to draw motifs on the hemp cloth with wax using a special batik pen, you get a pretty hemp coaster as a souvenir. When the workshop ends, head back to Sa Pa for the bus ride back to Hanoi.
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour