Historic Art of Calligraphy Class
Learn the ancient art of calligraphy, introduced to Vietnam by the Chinese as a unique form of expression that has shaped the local culture. Get a look at how this beautiful form of writing has changed over history to adapt the art to better express the richness of the Vietnamese language.
This experience lets you learn both Chinese characters, which formed the basis of Vietnamese writing for centuries, and the modern Quoc Ngu script that became dominant under French colonial rule. You can see how calligraphy evolved from a practice of scholars and noblemen while retaining the essence of the art, as different characters gracefully harmonize to change the meaning of a word.
Your host, a skilled artist and a calligraphy master, offers you a look back in time to explore an art form that is still revered and respected. Throughout the workshop, you get a chance to give your own strokes form as you learn this ancient art.
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour