Fish Like a Local Tour on the Cua Dai River
Cruises & Water Tours
Immerse yourself in the local fishing culture of the Cua Dai River and its surrounding areas. Learn fishing techniques, race in a traditional basket boat, and visit local villages—one in which you can enjoy an authentic Vietnamese lunch—on this full-day tour.
Your tour begins with a bicycle ride from your hotel to Cam An Wharf, where you board a boat and set sail. As you cruise along the calm waters of the Cua Dai River, learn the traditional Vietnamese method of fishing, from casting the net to gaining tips from a local fisherman.
Arrive at Cam Thanh and disembark to meet friendly villagers and hear stories of the Viet Cong soldiers that once sheltered here during the Vietnam War. Next, it's time to try the basket boat, a distinctive round vessel made of bamboo. Once you've gained your balance, explore the coconut-palm-flanked waterways, learn about crab catching, and join in a thrilling basket boat race.
Return to the main boat and head back to the wharf. Enjoy folk songs, discover how to make tools out of water coconut leaves, and take in the views of the countryside—with its rice fields, water buffaloes, birds, and floating villages. Back on land, cycle to Tra Que village, where you can enjoy a delicious lunch before cycling back to your hotel.Read More
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour