Conical Hat Making Workshop
The instantly recognizable shape of the Vietnamese conical hat, or non la, has been a part of local fashion and livelihood for centuries. This workshop lets you craft your very own version of the hat that has protected farmers, laborers, and everyday people from rain or shine.
At a beautiful rooftop garden, you can immerse yourself in a workshop where you learn how to make your very own conical hat. Your host, who makes a living creating traditional non la for travelers, guides you through the process of transforming simple materials such as palm leaves, bark, and bamboo into a durable, sturdy, and practical souvenir to take home.
Because of the time it takes to make a traditional Vietnamese conical hat, the workshop is geared to let you make a slightly smaller version, with up to 14 rounds instead of the usual 16. Leave with your own piece of local culture and some great new headwear to keep the sun at bay.Read More
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour