Bac Ha, Markets & Chay River Tour
Day Trips & Excursions
Discover the diverse culture of Bac Ha, a rural district of Lào Cai Province in northeastern Vietnam. Visit the Bac Ha Markets, head to the cultural Trung Do Village, and enjoy a boat ride down the Chay River on this memorable excursion that combines colorful culture and fascinating history.
A ride from Sapa takes you towards the relaxed town of Bac Ha, surrounded by the northern highlands and hill-tribe villages. Discover its intricately woven society in the vibrant atmosphere of the Bac Ha Markets, one of the largest in the region, with traders representing the Flower H'mong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay, and Nung villages having come from the surrounding areas to sell at the market.
After browsing the wide variety of colorful stalls, travel to Hoang A Tuong Palace on the northern edge of Bac Ha. A French-constructed building, its Baroque architecture resembles a hybrid between a church and a chateau and can provide some unforgettable images for your camera. Explore the home of the Tay people at the Trung Do Village, where you enjoy a local lunch prepared by a local family.
Complete your action-packed itinerary by hopping in a traditional Vietnamese boat for a ride down the snaking path of the Chay River before your return to Sapa.Read More
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour