Ancient Craft of Paper Masks Workshop
Create a traditional paper mask, as distinct and recognizable as the full moon during the Mid-Autumn Festival, during this exclusive visit to a special gem in the backstreets of Hanoi’s Old Quarter. Make your own colorful mask with the only couple continuing the age-old custom.
In addition to molding and painting a mask, learn about the important Mid-Autumn Festival and the paper masks, a favorite toy among Vietnamese children. On the night of the festival, gleeful children parade around the neighborhood wearing colorful masks as they carry bobbing lanterns to illuminate the streets—a sort of equivalent of trick-or-treating at Halloween.
Using vibrant colors, paint a mask to take home with you and discover how wearing these pieces—entirely handmade and lingering with the faint smell of paper and glue—is a cherished tradition and now a dying art. Since the piece you created takes a few days to dry under the sun, paint a ready-made mask during this workshop with the only couple continuing this centuries-old custom.
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour