Hoi An Silk Village
Authentic Silk Factory in Hoi An0
Hoi An Silk Village is a good option for those looking to shop for luxury Vietnamese textiles, handmade lanterns, high-end suits and dresses. Located two kilometres northwest of Hoi An Ancient Town, the traditional craft village also offers a tranquil getaway as it’s set within the four-star Hoi An Silk Village Resort & Spa, numerous mulberry trees, horticulture farms, and lotus ponds.
There are several ancient homes built in traditional Quang Nam architecture, where you can learn about traditional silk manufacturing process. Currently, there are about 12 local artists within the village using antique wooden looms to process and weave the silk into quality garments, handicrafts, and tapestries.
- Private Cooking Lesson & Home-Hosted Meal
- Private Half-Day Hội An Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- Market Boat Tour & Cooking Class with Local Guide
- Private Thu Bon River Bicycle Ride & Eco Tour
- Half-Day Hội An Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- Fish Like a Local Tour on the Cua Dai River
- Bamboo Sculpture Workshop
- Small-Group Hoi An Food Adventure
- Hoi An Motorbike Street Food Tour
- Explore Hội An Town & Tra Que Vegetable Village
Hoi An Silk Village’s silk showroom hosts an extensive collection of silk material, tailored suits, dresses, and jackets. Due to the superior quality of its products, the price range at Hoi An Silk Village is higher than most silk shops in Hoi An but it’s well worth the extra expense.
Hoi An Silk Village also houses a museum which features traditional costumes of 54 ethnic people from all over Vietnam as well as an onsite restaurant that serves popular regional dishes such as cao lau (turmeric noodles with pork), com ga (chicken rice), and banh xeo.
A short 45-minute tour to Hoi An Silk Village is priced at VND 100,000, where you can visit all of the ancient houses, museum, and mulberry garden. Alternatively, visitors can opt for the extensive four-hour tour for VND 400,000, where they can get a more hands-on experience of harvesting mulberry leaves, feeding silkworms, and deciphering between true and synthetic silk. Available daily at 09:00 and 14:00, the tour is inclusive of pick-up and drop-off services, a welcome mulberry drink, bottled water, lunch or dinner at the Hoi An Silk Village Restaurant, and a local guide.
Hoi An Silk Village
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 21:00
- Address: 28 Nguyen Tat Thanh, Hoi An
- Tel: +84 510 392 1144
You May Also Like