Hoi An is a great place to learn how to cook real Vietnamese cuisine via half-day, full-day or evening courses. Plenty of restaurants offer their own cooking classes including the picturesque Red Bridge where you get the chance to learn directly from the professionals.
Many of the classes include a visit to the local fresh produce market as part of the course where you’ll get a chance to ask questions and perhaps even sample some exotic delights. With so many places to try your hand at conjuring up some delicious flavours, you’ll also be pleased to discover that most classes are offered at very reasonable rates.
- Private Cooking Lesson & Home-Hosted Meal
- Private Half-Day Hội An Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- Market Boat Tour & Cooking Class with Local Guide
- Private Thu Bon River Bicycle Ride & Eco Tour
- Half-Day Hội An Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- Fish Like a Local Tour on the Cua Dai River
- Bamboo Sculpture Workshop
- Small-Group Hoi An Food Adventure
- Hoi An Motorbike Street Food Tour
- Explore Hội An Town & Tra Que Vegetable Village
Thuan Tinh Island Cooking Classes
Thuan Tinh is well-known as offering one of Vietnam's most distinctive cooking class experiences. Thuan Tinh is an eco-friendly island rich in tropical foliage making it a beautiful place to cook, relax and then enjoy the dishes you've created.
Morning Glory Cooking School
Morning Glory was Hoi An’s first cooking school with the founder and owner Trinh Diem Vy a third-generation chef and Hoi An native. The Morning Glory cooking classes have been featured in publications across the world and are renowned for their street-style local recipes. There are six classes available geared to suit all levels and interests with some featuring guided market tours. Subjects in the gourmet class aimed at the more advanced chef, include cutting techniques, Vietnamese food history and food medicine.
- Opening Hours: 07:45-13:30
- Location: 106 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An
- Tel: +84 510 2241 556
Red Bridge Cooking School
Red Bridge offers a classic half-day class, and evening class as well as a deluxe full-day course. The full-day option is tailored specially for foodies, and gives a detailed insight into Vietnamese cuisine. You will get to make four dishes, including clay pot fish with dill and you’ll also go on a tour with the Chef to Tra Que. Once there you’ll explore the organic herb gardens, purchase ingredients from the local market and you will get a chance to enjoy all of your dishes.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-15:00 (deluxe course)
- Location: Thon 4, Cam Thanh, Hoi An
- Tel: +84 510 3933 222
Listen to live traditional Vietnamese music as you learn how to cook at Hoi An’s Secret Garden. Situated in a wonderful location right in the heart of the old town, Secret Garden offers the choice of four different cooking classes. The kitchen is open plan and fully accessible for all and also offers free cooking classes to children aged 8 years and under. You can expect to cook both Hoi An and Vietnamese specialities including spring rolls, pancakes and fish wrapped in banana leaves.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-24:00
- Location: Passage 60 Le Loi, Hoi An
- Tel: +84 510 3911 112