An Bang Beach is one of the few stretches of beach in Hoi An that’s relatively unspoiled by development, making it a popular option for soaking up the sun and enjoying an array of seaside activities. It also houses an array of beachfront resorts, seafood restaurants, and hippy bars with stunning views of the neighbouring Marble Mountains, Da Nang Bay, and Da Nang and Cham Island. Most of the restaurants offer sunbed rentals between VND 15,000 and VND 40,000, but they’re free of charge if you dine there.
Some of the most popular activities at An Bang Beach are swimming, paddle-boarding, and surfing. If you’re looking to learn how to surf during your visit, there are plenty of board rentals, surf and stand-up paddling classes offered by An Bang Beach’s expat surfing community. Surf season is from September until March, offering spectacular wave conditions, comfortably warm climate, and average water temperature of 25°C.
- Private Cooking Lesson & Home-Hosted Meal
- Private Half-Day Hội An Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- Market Boat Tour & Cooking Class with Local Guide
- Private Thu Bon River Bicycle Ride & Eco Tour
- Half-Day Hội An Eco Tour & Cooking Class
- Fish Like a Local Tour on the Cua Dai River
- Bamboo Sculpture Workshop
- Small-Group Hoi An Food Adventure
- Hoi An Motorbike Street Food Tour
- Explore Hội An Town & Tra Que Vegetable Village
You can also enjoy an array of affordable dining options at An Bang Beach, ranging from fresh seafood and Vietnamese BBQ to authentic Italian and French fare. Bistros such as Soul Kitchen, La Plage and White Soul stay open until late, featuring lively parties, themed nights, happy hour promos, strong cocktails, cold beers, and a diverse playlist.
Located seven kilometres north of Hoi An Ancient Town, you can easily get to An Bang Beach via bicycle or motorcycle. Parking at the entrance to the beach is priced no more than VND 10,000 for the entire day. Alternatively, you can opt for a five-minute taxi ride, which costs about VND 80,000.
An Bang Beach
- Location: 7 kilometres north of Hoi An