A must-visit for any first-time visitor to Hanoi, Bia Hoi Junction is widely-regarded as the quintessential nightlife spot in Hanoi. Open throughout the day and late into the night, the ever-bustling beer haven is located at the corner of Ta Hien and Luong Ngoc Quyen streets in the Hanoi Old Quarter, where you can see hundreds of people sitting on plastic stools with a pint of bia hoi in hand.
Available at numerous makeshift bars within Bia Hoi Junction, bia hoi is a type of Vietnamese draft beer that only contains about 4% alcohol. Although it’s weak compared to European standards, bia hoi is incredibly cheap where you can enjoy a tall glass between VND 5,000 and VND 8,000.
- Small-Group Evening Street Food Tour
- Night Walking Tour with Water Puppet Show
- Private Van Phuc Silk Village Half-Day Tour
- Vietnamese Culture Tour
- Ionah Show Admission with Dinner & Transfer
- Historic Art of Calligraphy Class
- Back Seat Motorbike City Tour
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- 10-Day Northern Vietnam Excursion
- Morning City Tour with Vietnamese Meal
Needless to say, Bia Hoi Junction attracts a steady following of locals, expats and tourists looking to down some ice cold beers all night long. Alternatively, there are several bars that sell soft drinks and imported beers such as Tiger for about VND 20,000. In addition to numerous bia hoi joints with colourful plastic chairs spilling onto the streets, you can also find makeshift stalls selling a variety of snacks such as steamed peanuts, fried tofu, skewered meats, and delicious beef jerky.
As it can get very packed here, do keep your wits about and be mindful of your belongings. Nonetheless, Bia Hoi Junction is great for drinking on a budget as well as experiencing the local culture. The carnival atmosphere is a really memorable snapshot of Hanoi nightlife.
Bia Hoi Junction
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – Late