The Vietnam Military History Museum Hanoi, also known as the Army Museum, houses an extensive collection of weaponry that was used throughout Vietnam’s war-filled history. Ideal for history buffs looking to know more about the country, there are plenty of authentic war relics, weapons, and detailed accounts by former soldiers who have fought against the French and American forces.
Notable attractions include the wreckage of an American B-52 bomber, an M107 self-propelled gun, and a military tank that had ploughed through the gates of Saigon’s Presidential Palace, thus ending the Vietnam War in 1975. You can also find classic propaganda videos, improvised weapons, a diorama of the Battle of Dien Bien Phu, and exhibitions of artefacts dating back to the Hong Bang Dynasty (2879 BC).
- Small-Group Evening Street Food Tour
- Night Walking Tour with Water Puppet Show
- Private Van Phuc Silk Village Half-Day Tour
- Vietnamese Culture Tour
- Ionah Show Admission with Dinner & Transfer
- Historic Art of Calligraphy Class
- Back Seat Motorbike City Tour
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- 10-Day Northern Vietnam Excursion
- Morning City Tour with Vietnamese Meal
Located along Dien Bien Phu (next to Ba Dinh Square), entrance to the Vietnam Military History Museum Hanoi is priced at VND 30,000 and if you’re looking to photograph the displayed items, there’s an additional charge of VND 20,000. The museum is also a five-minute walk of notable landmarks such as the Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, as well as botanical gardens and the stilt house of Uncle Ho.
Vietnam Military History Museum
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 - 11:30 Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday & Sunday 14:00 – 16:00
- Location: 28A Dien Bien Phu, Ba Dinh District Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tel: +84 43 823 4264
- Price Range: VND 30,000 & VND 20,000 (camera fee)