Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi is renowned for its traditional silk weaving techniques and high quality products, making it one of the most visited craft village in Vietnam. Established over a century ago, this tranquil locale is home to massive banyan trees, wells, communal houses, and local artisans producing a wide range of apparel and souvenirs using traditional looms.
Van Phuc was first introduced to the European market between 1931 and 1932 during an international silk exhibition in Marseille, France, where its silk products had gained popularity amongst traders due to its smooth and lightweight texture. Today, this village doesn’t only sell their products to tourists in Hanoi, but also export them to many regions across the world.
- Small-Group Evening Street Food Tour
- Night Walking Tour with Water Puppet Show
- Private Van Phuc Silk Village Half-Day Tour
- Vietnamese Culture Tour
- Ionah Show Admission with Dinner & Transfer
- Historic Art of Calligraphy Class
- Back Seat Motorbike City Tour
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- 10-Day Northern Vietnam Excursion
- Morning City Tour with Vietnamese Meal
When visiting this village, travellers can find ready-to-wear clothing such as dresses, shirts, and ties, as well as handicrafts and souvenirs at reasonable prices. Thanks to its rather authentic setting, visiting Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi almost feels like you’ve stepped back in time – perfect for those looking to escape the bustling and often chaotic Hanoi cityscape.
Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi is 10 kilometres southwest of Hanoi along the Nhue riverbank. Travellers can book a day tour from most hotels in the city centre or travel on their own via taxi or motorcycle.
Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Van Phuc, Ha Dong, Hanoi