Bat Trang Ceramics Village is a 14th century porcelain and pottery village near Hanoi, housing local artisans who combine both traditional and modern techniques to create beautiful porcelain artworks. Not only are you able to purchase some of the finest handmade ceramic products in Vietnam, you can also see them made right before your eyes during your visit.
Located next to the Red River within the Gia Lam District, Bat Trang Ceramics Village Hanoi holds an important place in history of the ceramics industry in Asia, as it’s close to trading ports Thang Long and Pho Hien. Today, visitors can explore its many ceramic stores and workshops to browse through a vast selection of vases, bowls, cups, and plates.
- Small-Group Evening Street Food Tour
- Night Walking Tour with Water Puppet Show
- Private Van Phuc Silk Village Half-Day Tour
- Vietnamese Culture Tour
- Ionah Show Admission with Dinner & Transfer
- Historic Art of Calligraphy Class
- Back Seat Motorbike City Tour
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- 10-Day Northern Vietnam Excursion
- Fine Art, Walking Tour & Traditional Show
Bat Trang Porcelain and Pottery Market is the best place if you’re looking to create your own ceramic piece. It costs about VND 10,000 upwards to join its pottery-making workshops, plus VND 50,000 for the artisans to bake and glaze the final product.
Bat Trang Ceramics Village Hanoi is about 13 kilometres southeast of Hanoi, which can easily be reached by joining a day tour or opt for public transportation. The cheapest way to get there is by taking the #47 bus from the city centre, costing only VND 15, 000. On the flipside, travelling by taxi will set you back between VND 150,000 and VND 200,000.
Bat Trang Ceramics Village Hanoi
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 - 20:00
- Location: Bat Trang, Gia Lam, Hanoi