A compact collection of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, and hill tribe articles. Military Museum Displays and memorabilia of the wars against France and the USA.
There is an interesting model of the President's house at the time of the fall of Saigon. Adequate explanations in English.
Ba Vi National Park near Hanoi
Ba Vi National Park is one of Vietnam’s most famous areas of outstanding natural beauty, and is centered around a three-peaked mountain jutting steeply out of the landscape. The national park offers a great escape from the city with cool fresh mountain air in a mystical atmospheric backdrop of clouds, jungle and tropical rainforest. There is Read More...
- Location: 48 km west of Hanoi
Bach Ma Temple Hanoi
Bach Ma Temple is believed to be the oldest temple in Hanoi. This Buddhist temple was originally built in the ninth century by King Ly Thai To in honour of Bach Ma. According to a sign inside the temple, originally the site of the temple was Long Do Mountain. The temple was moved to its current Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00-17:00
- Location: 76 Hàng Buồm, Hoàn Kiếm, Hànội, Vietnam
- Tel: +84 4 3860 0963
Bat Trang Ceramics Village Hanoi
Bat Trang Ceramics Village is a 14th century porcelain and pottery village near Hanoi, housing local artisans who combine both traditional and modern techniques to create beautiful porcelain artworks. Not only are you able to purchase some of the finest handmade ceramic products in Vietnam, you can also see them made right before your eyes during
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 - 20:00
- Location: Bat Trang, Gia Lam, Hanoi
Dong Ho Painting Village Hanoi
Dong Ho Painting Village Hanoi, set within Bac Ninh, is famed for its traditional folk paintings, all of which are created for the annual Tet Festival (Lunar New Year). Located along the Duong River, this traditional village also offers travellers a relaxing break from Hanoi’s bustling cityscape.
Also known as woodcut or Dong Ho paintings, Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 18:00
- Location: Bac Ninh, Thuan Thanh District, Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam
Dong Xuan Market
Dong Xuan Market is the largest of its kind in Hanoi. This sprawling complex has several floors of fashion, apparel and souvenirs at some of the best prices in the city. Even if you’re not interested in printed T-shirts or cheap sunglasses, it is still fascinating to see the comings and goings of the local traders, Read More...
Hang Da Market in Hanoi
An eclectic array of stalls fills the three-storey Hang Da market located in the heart of Hanoi’s central business district. Smaller than Dong Xuan and offering a more select product range, this is the place to come for imported wine, flowers, second-hand clothes and fabrics.
The outside of the building is also very picturesque with its Read More...
There are several handicraft villages worth visiting around Hanoi, including the silk weaving village of Van Phuc, the ceramic centre at Bat Trang, and the furniture making village of Dong Ky. Of culinary interest is the snake-breeding village of Le Mat, with several restaurants cooking the serpents to order.
Hanoi Central Circus
The Hanoi Central Circus is ideal for a day of family-friendly fun, where travellers can enjoy live performances and simple fairground games with the little ones. Also known as Vietnam Central Circus, this iconic attraction was founded in 1956, making it the oldest troupe in Vietnam.
Set within a massive 1,500-seater big top, performances are held Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sun 20:00 – 22:00
- Location: 67 Tran Nhan Tong, Nguyen Du, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
- Price Range: VND 200,000
Hanoi Old Quarter
Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital lies in the North of the country and is one of the country’s top tourist hot spots. It offers French-colonial architecture, a rich food culture and a long history (the city celebrated its millennium in 2010.) The most well known and important districts in Hanoi are Ba Dinh District (aka the French Quarter) Read More...
Hanoi Opera House
The beautiful Hanoi Opera House was built in 1911 by the then ruling French. It’s a phenomenal piece of neo-classical French architecture featuring Gothic themes on the doors and domes with pillars, shuttered windows, balconies and a glass room. Musicians, actors and dancers play to a 600-strong audience delivering powerful operatic and classical performances, making it Read More...
Hanoi West Lake
Hanoi’s largest freshwater lake, West Lake has a circumference of 17km and houses many of the city’s historic places of interest around its perimeter – including Vietnam’s oldest pagoda and one of Vietnam’s four sacred temples.
The lake attracts many locals and tourists seeking respite from the busy city, providing a sanctuary of great natural beauty Read More...
Hanoi Zoo in Thu Le Park
Formerly known as Bachthao Gardens, Hanoi Zoo is home to about 800 animals with over 90 different species on exhibition, including big cats, monkeys and reptiles. The zoo is located within Thu Le Park – a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi central.
The park also features a lake with pedal boats for Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 22:00
- Location: On Bach Thu Le around 5km North West of the city centre
Houses articles dating from prehistoric periods up to 1945. The Imperial days of the Nguyen Dynasty are particularly well represented.
Hoan Kiem Lake & Ngoc Son Temple in Hanoi
Hanoi tourists and locals alike head to Hoan Kiem Lake when seeking a place to get away from the noise of the city. Peaceful and quiet, the lake surrounds Ngoc Son Temple, a pagoda sitting in the centre on a small island.
The temple attracts many visitors and was built in commemoration of the 13th century Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 08:00 to 17:00
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Hanoi
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Ba Dinh Square is one of the most visited attractions in Hanoi. It is the final resting place of Ho Chi Minh, the most iconic and popular leader of Vietnam, known to his people as ‘Uncle Ho’. His body is preserved here in a glass case at the Ho Chi Minh Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday to Thursday and weekends from 08:00 – 11:00. Closed on Monday and Friday
- Location: At Ba Dinh Square in Hanoi city centre
- Tel: +84 (4) 845 5128
Ho Tay Water Park
Ho Tay Water Park is located inside the amusement park of West Lake Park, the water park is a modern entertainment complex where you will find water attractions like pools, slides and a lazy river, in total there are 10 state-of-the-art water features. The park is set in a green oasis 5 km north of Hanoi
- Opening Hours: 09:00-21:00 (Wed-Mon)
- Location: 614 Lạc Long Quân, Nhật Tân, Tây Hồ, Hànội
- Tel: +84 4 3718 4222
Imperial Citadel of Thang Long in Hanoi
The large central sector of the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long in Hanoi was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site just in time for Hanoi’s millennial anniversary in 2010.
The ancient site was the political centre of the country for 13 consecutive centuries and served as the capital of Vietnam for eight centuries. Read More...
- Location: Next to Ba Dinh Square, opposite the Ho Chi Minh mausoleum and also near many important political buildings including the Vietnamese Presidential Palace.
Ionah Show Hanoi
Ionah Show Hanoi offers a stunning display of dance, circus, music, visual, 3D mapping and lighting effects, depicting the journey of a young girl and her lover. Held at the Star Galaxy Theater & Convention in Ba Dinh District, this theatre performance is similar to the ever-popular Cirque du Soleil as it’s performed by a troupe Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue, Thu & Sat 20:00 – 21:30
- Location: Star Galaxy – Theater & Convention, 87 Lang Ha Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 43 664 6969
- Price Range: VND 750,000 (second class) or VND 950,000 (first class)
La Siesta Spa at La Siesta Hotel Hanoi
La Siesta Spa at La Siesta Hotel Hanoi is a modern wellness centre in Hanoi Old Quarter, offering a wide range of facial and body treatments for those looking to feel rejuvenated after a day of exploring the Vietnam capital. Conveniently located next to Hoan Kiem Lake, this spa can easily be reached from many famous Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 - 22:00
- Location: 94 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 43 926 3642
Lotte Observation Deck Hanoi
Lotte Observation Deck Hanoi offers beautiful panoramic views of the city as it is located on the 65th floor of the Lotte Center. It is divided into four sections, namely: Attraction Zone, Welcome Zone, Experience Zone and Romantic Zone. Features of these different zones include The Skywalk, Bamboo Road, Welcome Theatre, Photo zone, View Terrace and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30-23:00 (Ticketing Counter Closes 22:00)
- Address: 54 Liễu Giai, Cống Vị, Ba Đình, Hànội
- Tel: (84) 04 3333 6042
Maison Centrale in Hanoi - 'Hanoi Hilton'
Maison Centrale in Hanoi, also known as Hoa Lo Prison and the ‘Hanoi Hilton’ housed Vietnamese revolutionaries and American POW during the Vietnam War. The fortress was once a vast colonial-style prison, most of which was torn down in the 1990s.
Visiting today you will find the small southern section resting alongside a hotel and office Read More...
- Opening Hours: open daily from 08:00 until 17:00 and closed from lunch from 11:30 until 13:30
- Location: Hoa Lo Street
Museum of Ho Chi Minh
Built in 1990 to commemorate his 100th birthday, the museum is dedicated to Ho Chi Minh's life and legacy.
Exhibits are not always easy to understand, and a tour with a competent guide is recommended.
One Pillar Pagoda in Hanoi
Rising from one pillar in the centre of an elegantly square shaped lotus pond, The One Pillar Pagoda is said to represent a lotus flower growing up out of the water.
Built between the years of 1028 and1054 during the reign of Emperor Ly Thai Tong of the Ly Dynasty, the One Pillar Pagoda is one Read More...
- Opening Hours: Entrance is free and the pagoda is open daily from 08:00-17:00 with refreshments available at a stand nearby so you can sit and relax in the surrounding gardens.
- Location: The One Pillar Pagoda is situated in the park behind the museum near Ba Dinh Square at Ong Ich Kiem Street in the Ba Dinh District.
- Remarks: Appropriate attire should be worn if you are entering the temple; prayers take place continuously throughout the day. Praying at The One Pillar Pagoda is said to bring about blessings of fertility and health.
The Perfume Festival draws throngs of pilgrims from all over Vietnam to Hanoi’s iconic Perfume Pagoda, where visitors come to pray for a prosperous year and pay their respects to Buddha. The pilgrimage takes place on the 15th day of the 1st lunar month, which is usually between mid-February or March. As one of Hanoi’s Read More...
- Highlights: 15th day of the 1st lunar month (Mid-February/March)
- Location: Perfume Pagoda, Hanoi
Presidential Palace Hanoi
Presidential Palace Hanoi, constructed in 1900 by French architect Auguste Henri Vildieu, was intended to be Ho Chi Minh’s official residence but the Vietnamese leader had opted for a traditional Vietnamese stilt-house instead. The three-storey, mustard yellow building features 30 rooms built in colonial French architectural style, an orchard, carp pond, and a 91-metre long boulevard Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 11:30 Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday & Sunday 14:00 – 16:00
- Location: 2 Hung Vuong, Ngoc Ha, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Price Range: VND 25,000
Quan Thanh Temple Hanoi
Quan Thanh Temple is a Taoist temple build during the Ly Dynasty (1010-1225) and can be found in Hanoi. They have built this place to honour ‘Tran Vo’ the ‘God of the North’ which was beloved by all local Taoists and used the tortoise and snake as symbols of power. The name Quan Thanh therefore resembles Read More...
- Opening Hours: 05:00-19:00
- Location: Southern shore of Truc Bach Lake, Ba Dinh District (5 minutes’ walk from the Presidential Palace)
- Price Range: 10,000 VND
Saint Joseph Cathedral of Hanoi
Saint Joseph Cathedral of Hanoi is known as the oldest Roman Catholic Church in the city. Prior to the construction of the cathedral in 1886, the French occupation demolished Bao Thien Pagoda, an important Vietnamese temple that was built during the Ly Dynasty. Saint Joseph Cathedral of Hanoi was inspired by Notre Dame de Paris, boasting a neo-Gothic architectural style, twin bell towers, intricately-designed altar, and colourful paintings and stained-glass windows from France. Surrounded by plenty of trees and flowers, a statue of Mother Maria is also set within the courtyard in front of the cathedral.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 17:00
- Address: 40 Nha Chung Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Temple of Literature in Hanoi
The Temple of Literature is often cited as one of Hanoi’s most picturesque tourist attractions. Originally built as a university in 1070 dedicated to Confucius, scholars and sages, the building is extremely well preserved and is a superb example of traditional-style Vietnamese architecture.
This ancient site offers a lake of literature, the Well of Heavenly Clarity, turtle Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 – 17:00 from November until March and 07:30 – 18:00 for the rest of the year. Closed on a Monday
Thap Rua Tower Hanoi
Thap Rua Tower Hanoi, also known as Turtle Tower, commemorates local folk hero, Le Loi, who had freed the Vietnamese from Chinese forces back in 1425. One of Hanoi’s most iconic attractions, it was constructed on a small island in the middle of Hoan Kiem Lake in 1886, symbolising the patriotic pride of the local population.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Hoan Kiem Lake, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
The Perfume Pagoda near Hanoi
The Perfume Pagoda, known locally as Chua Huong or ‘inner temple’, is at the centre of a very revered and sacred site featuring a maze of mainly Buddhist temples built into the limestone cliffs of Huong Tich. At the heart of this complex lies the Perfume Temple or Perfume Pagoda in the Huong Tich Cave.
It Read More...
The Tran Quoc Pagoda
This attractive pagoda is one of the oldest in Vietnam and sits on an island in the West Lake. King Ly Nam De commissioned the construction of this pagoda on the river bank 1,400 years ago. During the reign of King Le Kinh Tong (1600-1618), the pagoda was moved to its current location. Next to the Read More...
The Vietnam Women’s Museum in Hanoi
The Vietnam Women’s Museum delivers a beautifully presented tribute to the women of Vietnam across the ages. There are plenty of historical contexts alongside a wealth of information on today’s more modern Vietnamese woman.
The museum is run by The Women’s Union of Vietnam which is recognised as one of the country’s most powerful movements. Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 08:00-16:30 every day except Monday
- Location: Ly Thuong Kiet Street in Hanoi’s old quarter in the Hoan Kiem district.
- Remarks: Ticket bookings are also available online
- How to get there: You can reach the museum via bus numbers 8, 31, 36 or 49 or alternatively via taxi.
Thinh Long Beach
Thinh Long Beach is a relatively untouched stretch of coast that’s mostly frequented by locals during weekends and holidays. Located within Nam Dinh Province, it is within a three-hour drive from downtown Hanoi. The quiet beach is perfect for when you’re in need of a break from the city’s chaotic pace.
Thinh Long Beach enjoys cool Read More...
- Location: Nam Dinh Province (138km southeast of Hanoi)
Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi
Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi is renowned for its traditional silk weaving techniques and high quality products, making it one of the most visited craft village in Vietnam. Established over a century ago, this tranquil locale is home to massive banyan trees, wells, communal houses, and local artisans producing a wide range of apparel and souvenirs Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Van Phuc, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Vietnam Military History Museum Hanoi
The Vietnam Military History Museum Hanoi, also known as the Army Museum, houses an extensive collection of weaponry that was used throughout Vietnam’s war-filled history. Ideal for history buffs looking to know more about the country, there are plenty of authentic war relics, weapons, and detailed accounts by former soldiers who have fought against the French Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 - 11:30 Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday & Sunday 14:00 – 16:00
- Location: 28A Dien Bien Phu, Ba Dinh District Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tel: +84 43 823 4264
- Price Range: VND 30,000 & VND 20,000 (camera fee)
Vietnam Museum of Ethnology in Hanoi
Vietnam Museum of Ethnology in Hanoi offers an insight into the 54 different ethnic groups of Vietnam in an effort to preserve cultural heritage and promote socio-cultural diversity within the country.
Visitors are welcome to browse some of the vast research on offer at this public museum which is also a centre for ethnographic research. Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 08:30 - 17:30, closed on Mondays
- Location: On Nguyen Van Huyen Street in the Cau Giay district of Hanoi about 8km away from the centre of town
- Remarks: The museum also has wheelchair access with ramps throughout and an elevator for access to the second floor
- How to get there: best to go via taxi to the museum which will take about 20 minutes or alternatively take the number 14 minibus from Dinh Tien Hoang Street (just north of Hoan Kiem Lake) to the Nghai Tan stop and walk two blocks
Water Puppet Theatre in Hanoi
The world-famous Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre in Hanoi has its roots in an art form that dates back to the 11th century. The tradition of water puppet theatre stems from a time when rice paddy fields were flooded and villagers would make entertainment by standing in the waist-deep water with the puppets performing over the Read More...
- Opening Hours: Shows during the day and evening at 14:00 and 20:00
- Location: North east of Hoan Kiem Lake at 57b Dinh Tien Hoang Street
- Remarks: There is an additional camera or video fee if you wish to photograph or film the show
Vinpearl Land Water Park Royal City
Vinpearl Land Water Park is the first, and still the only, indoor water park that Vietnam has to offer. Located in the underground Vincom Mega Mall Royal City, the park is divided into 14 different attractions: the twisted tube slide, superfast tube slide, super highway slopes, diving pool, wave pool, surf pool, sports pool among others. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:30-18:30
- Location: Floor B1 – R3, Vincom Mega Mall Royal City, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 1900 6677