Bai Chay Beach is a coastal town about 100 km northeast of Hanoi, attracting a huge crowd of beachgoers in the summertime. It’s the closest beach to the iconic Ha Long Bay. There are also plenty of beach resorts and seafood restaurants here.
Bai Chay Beach has a 100-metre-long sandbank. Its most popular activities are jet skiing, surfing and canoeing. For those looking to enjoy some sightseeing, there are several historical landmarks in the town. Halong Night Market opens every day from 18:00 until 22:30. You can find many stalls selling T-shirts, handicrafts and jewellery. Do bargain hard as prices are quite high for tourists.
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Private Full-Day Hạ Long Bay Tour
- Seaplane Flight Over Ha Long Bay
- Halong Bay Boat Cruise with Scenic Flight & Lunch
- 2-Day Halong Bay Tour with Seaplane Flight & L'Azalée Cruise
- 2-Day Halong Bay L'Azalee Cruise Excursion
- Ha Long Bay Full-Day Cruise
- Private 3-Day Halong Bay Cruise
- Ha Long Bay 2-Day Adventure
Bai Chay Beach Highlights
Hong Gia Park is a large colonial mansion on Bai Chay Beach. It houses the Vietnam Cultural Theatre, which hosts traditional music and folk dances in the evening. Shows are scheduled at 19:30, 20:45 and 21:45.
If you want to learn about Vietnam’s history, make sure to visit the Antique Museum. It has a large collection of artefacts, including two tombs from the Han and So dynasties. There are also displays of Bat Trang porcelain and pottery, and Champa wooden sculptures. It takes about 4 hours to get to Bai Chay by car, so we highly recommend staying a night or two if you want to enjoy a tropical holiday in Hanoi.
Bai Chay Beach
- Location: Quang Ninh Province (100km northeast of Hanoi)