Thinh Long Beach is a relatively untouched stretch of coast that’s mostly frequented by locals during weekends and holidays. Located within Nam Dinh Province, it is within a three-hour drive from downtown Hanoi. The quiet beach is perfect for when you’re in need of a break from the city’s chaotic pace.
Thinh Long Beach enjoys cool winds and gentle waves throughout the year. This makes it suitable for surfing, swimming, and canoeing to rock islets just off the coast. There are local eateries serving authentic Vietnamese dishes and fresh seafood sourced from fishing villages within the area.
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
- Mekong Delta, My Tho & Ben Tre Tour
- Halong Bay Full-Day Boat Cruise
- Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
- Small-Group Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour
Thinh Long Beach Highlights
In the early morning, you can see colourful fishing boats in the middle of the ocean. Local fishermen cast large nets to bring in the catch of the day, including crabs, squid, prawns, and stingrays. For a better look, we recommend renting a boat to see them in action.
The best way to get to Thinh Long Beach is by car or motorcycle. We don’t really encourage self-driving as roads can get rather bumpy so hire a driver for your safety. There are a few inexpensive hotels close to the beach. However, you can explore the entire beach town within a day, so an overnight stay isn’t necessary here.
Thinh Long Beach
- Location: Nam Dinh Province (138km southeast of Hanoi)